Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default how do you remove horizontal lines in Microsoft Word 2003?

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

ISco wrote:
I'm working on a document in Microsoft Word and have these horizontal
lines that have been inserted but I've since merged some information
together and basically I need to delete some of these lines but I
can't figure out how to do it... If I right click with the cursor
roughly on one, it doesn't seem to give me any options relating to
editing or removing the line.

The only thing I seem to be able to do with them is to move them up
and down by clicking and dragging the line, whereby the cursor turns
into an up arrow and a down arrow, with a line in the middle...
though the line im trying to move (at the bottom of a page) doesn't
seem to want to move.

I've tried using the Microsoft Office Help with this issue but I
can't seem to find any info. regarding specifically these lines, I
can only find help relating to borders and connector lines etc.

How do I remove these?

(btw I wasn't sure whether to post this under general questions or
under drawing and graphics but I didn't make these lines using any of
the drawing toolbar related options/buttons and im not much
intrerested in graphics related functions so I guessed that it maybe
goes under general questions(?) move it if its wrong, though...)