Bill02888

Default Formatting a document to look "nice" printed either simplex or dup

In my company we're still at the caveman stage of Word usage. People still
use hard returns to force a new page (versus page break or "keep together").
Ugh!

With that in mind, I had managed to get a document formatted fairly nicely
for duplex printing. I used "break to odd page", alternating even/odd footers
and headers, etc., so that it looked presentable. That is, it did until the
cavemen printed the document single sided (insert the sound of trees being
cut down) and wondered why the page numbers were weird, and why there were
blank pages before new chapers, etc. Sigh.

Is there a general approach to follow which would allow a document to look
"right" regardless of whether it's printed simplex versus duplex, while still
maintaining a professional look? (Must keep two step ahead of caveman -- unk
unk! ;-)

I've only just started to poke around here in the Word newsgroups. I see
some fairly fancy macros being used. I didn't even know that I could do that
in Word. I also see mention of Mirror Margins. I suspect that either of these
might be useful in a possible solution?

Thanks!
Bill in Rhode Island, USA