Thanks for that. Unfortunately I now have a supplimentary question! Some of
my figures are in landscape. Will page setup always apply to the whole
document or can I change it for each page?

"Greg" wrote:

Lots of ways :-)

It sounds like all you need is a Section Break. InsertBreakSection Break
TypesNext Page.

Now number section 1 and remove numbering in section 2. If you are putting
your numbering in the header or footer be sure to toggle off "same as
previous" before deleting the numbering in the second section.

"G" wrote:

WinXP, Word 2000

I am writing a doucument that contains figures and text. The requirements
are that the text pages be numbered sequentially but that figures not in the
main body of the text do not have numbers. I currently have the text in one
file (numbered) and each figure in a seperate file (no numbers) so that I can
satisfy the requirements by printing each seperately.

My question: If I put all the pages together in a single file, is there any
way that I can get Word to number the text pages sequentially but to leave
each figure page without numbers? Any ideas?

Thanks.