Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ethbarry ethbarry is offline

Default why can't i send doc by email

"Derek Schmidt" wrote:

So it works on XP, but has anyone figured out for Vista yet? Seems strange
that Word2007 wouldn't recognize the default program (Windows Mail) but only
the one that either comes by itself as a single expensive program (Outlook),
or as an even more expensive package deal... or does it?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

That's good news, since I use Outlook Express, but I'd heard rumors that
Word 2007 was honoring only Outlook.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Evidently Word 2007 recognizes only Outlook 2007 as a mail client.

Not on XP - if I set Thunderbird as my default email client instead of
Outlook, Word 2007 calls Thunderbird when I email a document from within
Word...