Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Satterbury Satterbury is offline

Default Skip 1st Record in Merge when Merging To Attendee Roster & Nam

Hi Graham, I just checked and no I don't have a "next record" on the first
entry. Would you like to see both my badge and directory template as well as
the Excel file?
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You probably have a Next record field where one is not required.
See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

Satterbury wrote:
I export my records into Excel and see that it is does not print a
record in the first place where a record should appear on the
attendee roster (directory), it does however, insert Phone: and
Email: I'm willing to work with this as I only need to delete those
two words and the directory is fine.

But my merge will not print the first record on the name badge. It
placed it in the 2nd place of the name badge.

I was plagued with skipping records last year, and I pulled a new
Avery badge template from my version at home and bought it to work
and the skipping of records stopped.