wordtalk wordtalk is offline
Junior Member

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your response. I tried your steps and it worked a charm! There's still a little rejigging to do because the old document didn't use the proper styles when it was originally generated (only text typed) so I still need to go through it to match the new template styles, update the TOC, headers and footers and page numbers. But otherwise...it's better than cutting and pasting.

Thank you very much!

[quote=Suzanne S. Barnhill;492012]Theoretically, you could just copy/paste the cover page into the old
document, but realistically, it will be more satisfactory to create a new
document based on your template (with cover page) and then use Insert | Text
| Object | Text from File to insert the old document into the new one (after
the cover page). That way you'll get not only the cover page but also the
styles automatically.

http://word.mvps.org