Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

Default Pasting web pictures into Word 2003

?B?anA=?= wrote in
:

I am working with Word 2003, and trying to paste several pictures, one
at a time, from web pages into my documents. (documents are study
notes, pics are non-copyrighted) Problem is, the pasted pictures
always show up in my documents as being around 10 to 12 inches wide.
I like to view and edit the documents using print view, but these
pasted pictures are far bigger than the page. Is there any way to
change the default size for pasting a picture so it can be 6.5 inches
wide?

I have tried pasting the full size picture, then using a macro to
change it to the smaller width. I used the macro recorder to set this
up on the first picture. But for the subsequent pictures I got a
runtime error, and am pretty much stuck at that point.

Thanks in advance,
JP

A more effective way to accomplish this is
1) first save the images to a desired folder on your local machine (right
click on the image and select "save image as")
2) use an image software to resize the images; retaining
proportion/contraints(Ifranview is a free and excellent tool)
3) Then insert the sized local images into your word doc