Graham Mayor

Do you have a more recent version of Word at home?
Simply use wildcards i.e. in the example you have quoted put *smith* in the
filename box and press enter.

Trlamamemi wrote:
I have been trying to figure out how I can make Word search for a
specific word contained in the file name of my documents. I have the
same program at work and it does it there. For example, I have my
files saved by document type, client and date = Motion.Smith.5.05. I
can click open on the toolbar, type in "smith" in the file name and
it pulls up all documents I have done with the name Smith in the file
name. It doesn't do it on my home computer. I have to go to the
any suggestions????