Klaus Linke

Another way to select the current section would be "Edit Goto" (Ctrl+G),
then type in \section

You can go to a specific section first (say Edit Goto Section: 3).

Regards,
Klaus

"Pascal" wrote:

Thank Daiya,
I knew that Word counts into selected area, but didn't know about the F8.
--
Pascal

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

If you select text first, Word will only count the selection.

If you hit F8 five times, it will select the entire section (after going
through word, sentence, and paragraph)

On 7/16/05 8:23 AM, "Pascal" wrote:

It will be nice if Word was able to count words but only inside the current
section. As for instance with a big document in 3 parts (i.e. 3 sections)
Toc, core document and references. If I am only interested by the number or
words in the core document, I should be able to tick a selection box to ask
Word to restrict its counting to the current section of the document.
Et voila!

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/