Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default transfer settings from 2000 to 2003

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm

"Justin Fisher" Justin wrote in message
So microsoft has created the "Save my settings wizard" in the Microsoft
Office Tools, which allows you to save your settings--but only within the
same version of office---ie: If you save your settings in Office 2003, you
will only be able to load those settings back into the 2003 version. Does
anyone know of a method to move settings from Office 2000 to 2003? (like

the
layout of the toolbars and whatnot) I realize that the different versions
technically have a few different components but fo rthe most part they are
the exact same thing. I have tried a few things already like messing with

the
.pip files in the application data dir and also messing with some of the
registry keys, neither method worked... -Justin