Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word automatically adds columns when I open it.

Locate and open your Normal.dot file as described in Method 1 in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm . Click
on Format | Columns | One | Apply to: Whole document | OK. Even
if "One" already appears to be selected, click on it anyway. Type
a character or two and delete what you just typed. Save the
Normal.dot file and close it.

w1ll3rd wrote:

When MS Word is opened, it automatically formats it with columns. I have
found no option that would create this. Has anyone seen this before?