Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Relative cells number in Word?

Instead of referring to Cell A5, Bookmark the Total Hours result and then
Cross Ref the Bookmark for the calculation. But really, this is a job for
Excel rather than Word.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
I have a table of work and costs:

Hours Activity
10.1 Case setup
3.5 Consultation
2.0 Report
15.6 Total hours
$1,248.00 Cost

I can easily get the total hours by putting a =sum(above) formula in
that cell. If I add or delete rows, F9 will update the sum.

Is there any way for me to enter a formula that will calculate the
cost where the cost = total hours * $80 (or some hourly rate) that
will continue to work after I add or delete rows? I tried entering the
formula "=A5*80". That works until I add or delete rows.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000