Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathryn M Kathryn M is offline

Default Cross References and switches

I'm using Word 2003, SP 2, and I'm having problems with one X-reference. At
the beginning of each chapter, I insert a X-reference to each Header 2 in
that chapter. (The chapter name and number are Heading 1.)

The problem is that when I convert the doc to PDF using Adobe Acrobat (Ver 7
with latest update), this X-reference becomes an Error, no ref found" in both
the converted PDF and the original Word doc. When I look at the field codes
in the Word doc, I see that the ones that work look like this:
{REF_Ref145812777 \h \* MERGEFORMAT }, while the one that doesn't work does
not have the \*MERGEFORMAT } part.

I can't find anything about the \*MERGEFORMAT switch. Is this the problem?

Thanks
Kathryn M