davek

Default UPC BAR CODE

I am trying to put the "POSTNET bar code" or "delivery Point Barcode" on the
bottom of the envelope under the address instead of on top of the address. I
see no options for doing this in word 97 or word 2003. The post office
prefers to have this barcode across the bottom of the envelope. Is there a
way to set this as default in word 97/2003 options. I have moved the {
BARCODE ENV_ZIPCODE4\b \u } using ALT-F9 but this would be a pain in the
rear if you had to do this everytime to add the [ "POSTNET bar code" or
"delivery Point Barcode" ] to an envelope. There sure seems like this would
be a definable option you could set and use as a default. Any help would be
appreciated
Dave

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Hi Eric.

Word has only US Postnet code capability built in.

You have two choices: get a font that creates bar codes when applied to the numbers/letters, or use a program or ActiveX control to create the codes. Use Google to search for the terms 'upc code word' (without quotes) -- the first screenful from about 80,000 hits will take you where you need to go.

--
Jay Freedman

"Eric Jeppesen" wrote:

I'm trying to insert UPC bar codes into a word document, and have only found how to insert USPS Zip Codes onto an envelope. Can anyone direct me to a solution?
Thanks.
--
Eric