Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jako

Default Removing chevrons from MergeFields

Thanks for the quick reply graham. The problem occurs even before I
load the page onto the web base system. Toggling between the codes with
ALT+F9 only provide me with the mergefield coding behind the field.

I acquired the field by going to insert=field=then selecting
mergefield and enter the name of the field code for instance
"$$streetnum$$" this then produces the fieldname of $$streetnum$$
and if it toggle the code with ALT+F9 it provides the coding:
{MERGEFIELD $$streetnum$$ \* MERGEFORMAT}

Then when I actually print the field it will print out with the
symbols still next to the mergefields, unless i manually delete the
symbols. Does this seem normal or am I just doing something silly?