Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Adjusting Footer vs. Main Document Margins

Instead of changing the margins, change the left and right indents for the
paragraphs in the footer. Set them to negative values if you want a smaller
margin in the footer.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"dpdwa" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003. The document is very simple: one page of text with a
footer. However, everytime I change the footer margins, the main text
margins are also changed. The process that I use to change the footer
margins is -- I go to :view/header and footer/ then use the page setup
option
in the Header and Footer toolbar that pops up to adjust the footer
margins.
Again, the problem that I encounter doing this is that the margins for the
main text are also changed.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
David