Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JimmyC4 JimmyC4 is offline

Default Large space after apostrophe?

Well, that is solved--when I change fonts the problem goes away!

I'd like to use Gil Sans MT, but that's what acts up.

Thanks for tipping me off to try something different.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

Same questions:

Does this happen in one particular font?

What language is your document set to?

When you Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8), do you see a
gray dot (or other symbol) inside the MAXI space?

On Sep 26, 5:55 pm, JimmyC4 wrote:
I'm having that same problem with a big space after an apostrophe. The
correct language is set, what else can you suggest?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:
The first thing to do is verify that the correct language is applied to
text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"aceman" wrote in message
news Yes, I am having this issue also, in office 2007. The recieved email looks
fine, jsut when typing it in it puts a large space , for example that' s
instead of that's, very annoying

"nanaofsix" wrote:

After I type an apostrophe, i am getting a MAXI space. Anybody else
having
this problem in word 2007?-