Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Default Want To See Headings in Document Map W/out Seeing Them in Document

Hi montgomerymouse

It's not clear whether you want to hide the headings on the screen, or on
paper. Depending on what you need, modify the heading styles so they have
white text, or are hidden. The Document Map will display white text in the
ordinary way; the Document Map will display hidden text with a dotted
underline. In either case, you'll have to be very careful that you don't
accidentally type over the headings, or put text in the wrong spot.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"montgomerymouse" wrote in
message ...
I'm using Word 2002 on a Windows XP system.

I love the ability to jump around a very large document using the Document
Map view.

I need to be able to hide those headings, however, in the document.
Currently, when I hide the headings, they disappear from the document.

Can anyone tell me a way that I can see various headings in the Document
Map
without the headings appearing in the document?

Much thanks!