Jay Freedman

Certainly you can try it, and good luck. If the problem is external to Word,
though, you simply find that the problem is still there afterwards.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

C Goebel wrote:
I just tried doing the repair function via Add Remove Programs...it
tells me that there is a .cab file missing and closed stating a "fatl
error has occurred"...should I just reinstall and hope for the best?

-Catherine

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

As far as I'm aware, McAfee AntiVirus doesn't cause the problem.
However, if Norton was ever installed on that machine, there could
still be a piece of it that didn't get uninstalled. See this article
for instructions:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...9336625b519c38

If that isn't it, I'm not sure where to point a finger.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

C Goebel wrote:
We do not use Norton....we use McAffe for antivirus...would this
possibly casue the same problems as Norton? If so, how do I disable
what I need to disable?

Thanks,

-Catherine

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

C Goebel wrote:

I no longer have "access" to the batch conversion tool in Word
2003...I need to know how to gain access again to finish
converting these files! ASAP please!

I am an administrator both on this mahcine and on the network.

Sincerely,

Catherine Goebel

Sorry, I should have reread your first post before answering...

Certain third-party programs, notably the Norton AntiVirus plug-in
for Office, can cause bogus access problems. Try disabling the
plug-in from Norton's options dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman