Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Millie[_2_] Millie[_2_] is offline

Default inserting automatic words counts in word 2007

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate your help.
--
Millie

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Having had hundreds of articles published in magazines, the word count is
certainly accurate enough to count submissions. In any case your submission
will probably be sub-edited unless you have full editorial control over your
work, so the final count may not be that you submitted. The count in such
circumstances is only a guide by which you can evaluate whether the text
will fit in a given space and that is flexible in that not all words are the
same length. All the magazines I have worked for paid by the page or the
feature and not by the number of words.

Millie wrote:
Thanks Herb Tyson. I'll gvie that a go. Would you know why some
people say you can't get an accurate word count using Word and you
can't trust it especially if you're submitting articles for magazines?

Yes. Insert tab, Quick Parts, Field, Category=All, Field
name=DocProperty, Property=Words.

Or... press Ctrl+F9, type "DOCPROPERTY Words" without the quotes,
then press F9.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Millie" wrote in message
Is it possible to insert a word count in the footer of a Word
document similar to inserting the date & time whenever a document
is changed? --
Millie