Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Managing References in MS Word

Insert | Reference | Cross Reference. You will need to Select All and
hit F9 to get cross-references to update.

kramer31 wrote:
Hi. I have a quite long and complicated Word document with many
sections and subsections. Various sections refer to other sections:

For example in section 5: "(if you would like to see the reports see,
section T2 for instructions)"

The problem is that I would like to add another section T1, which
would then make all the other sections increase in number so that T2
would become T3 and my reference would be wrong.

Is there a way to put a reference in to refer to a specific section
(rather than just the plain text T2 that I added), so that when the
sections are renumbered, the reference automatically updates?