Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hollis Paul Hollis Paul is offline

Default Using a format setting in a css file

In article , Bob Buckland
?:-\) wrote:
Are you trying to apply CSS to a Word document

Bob,

I have been doing a lot of switching between the formatted-display
editor and the html editors of the blog, and it appears that Word2003
puts in a lot of extra stuff about font families, and putting that same
string in for every line, and setting the span to only span a single
line. That is just stupid! (Word 2007 is even worse.) Are there
switches (or settings) that direct Word to not generate font family and
the other garbage that makes it easier for a Word document to be sent
around the world. My documents are definitely homebound and
english-bound; and I don't need no stinking localization!

Is rtf a better way to go than the full Word Document?

--
Hollis Paul
Mukilteo, WA USA