Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo Jimbo is offline

Default Spell check does not work in Word 2007?

I did as you suggested. It completed its work and made one correction, but
it wasn't the correction that would fix this problem. I even double checked
the language setting (Start, All Programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office
Tools, Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings) and verified that it was set
to English(US). I even rebooted. Did not work. Any other suggestions.
(again, I appreciate your ideas).
Jim

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Run Office Diagnostics: Start, All Programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft
Office Tools.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jimbo" wrote in message
:

Correct, it doesn't catch any of the errors, and there are many and obvious.
I also tried it on Excel 2007 and the same story there. I thought about
reloading everything, but am worried that may mess up my Microsoft licenses
and registration. Any other ideas?
Jim

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

If you run spell check manually from the Review tab, it doesn't catch
any errors either?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jimbo" wrote in message
:

Yes, it does have the ABC checkmark icon just to the left of English (US) on
the same line. It is the first selection. Still doesn't work. Still
baffled....

Jim

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Does it show any icon left of English (US) when you go into Review tab,
Set Language? The icon should be a checkmark with ABC written over it.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jimbo" wrote in message
:

The office button is not blinking.
The status bar does not mention English (US) or any other language. Nothing
happens when I move the cursor over any word.
On the "Review" tab, I looked at "Set Language." It is set to "English
(United States)"
I am baffled.

Jim

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

The office button is blinking or not?
As language it correctly says English (US) in the status bar? Even when
you move the cursor on a misspelled word?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jimbo" wrote in message
:

I appreciate your help, Patrick. I purchased what I believe to be the
English Language version. I walked in to CompUSA in Austin and picked it off
the shelf. The package says, "Microsoft home and Student 2007." Any other
suggestions?

Jim

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

What language version of Office did you buy?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jimbo" wrote in message
:

I don't have a spelling tab, but a "proofing" tab. When I click that and
view the spelling options, under the Word option, the first four blocks are
checked. I clicked OK. I then typed a document with errors. Nothing was
underlined, and when I checked spelling, it indicated there were no errors
inspite of the mannnny that I put in the document. My default language is set
to English.

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Click the Office button, then Word Options and check the spelling tab.
Everything look fine there? If it does, try it again.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jimbo" wrote in message
:

I cannot get spell check to work in Word 2007 (using Vista). I purposely
missspell words and they are not underlined nor are the identified as being
misspelled when I check the spelling. I have checked the settings and am
using English as the language. Everything else looks ok.

Jim