Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Manage Styles window query

No, it was TNR 10 pts until Word 2000. Then it was changed to TNR12. In Word
2007 it's Calibri 11 pts.

To verify the latter, right-click your Desktop and select New/Word Document.
If you recall this method bypasses the Normal template and uses the
application defaults.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
My recollection is that the built in default font was TNR 12 pt up to
Office XP when it became TNR 10pt until Office 2007.

Terry Farrell

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
I do recall that Word 97 (the first version that I used) had 10 pt TNR as
the default font. But I would expect the Manage Styles dialog box to show
12 pt as the default for documents whose Normal style was modified to 12
pt.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
The Document Defaults are displaying accurate information. They reflect
the defaults that were used when the document was created. Since Tom is
seeing Times New Roman 10 points then I'd say he's looking at document
created in a version of Word prior to Word 2000. It was in Word 2000 the
default was changed to TNR 12.