Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default Change section break from new-page to continuous?

Is there any way to change a new-page section break to a contionuous
section break without affecting the document in any other way? That
is, no changes to headers & footers (including whether they are linked
to the previous section), formatting (number of columns), etc.

I have a multi-section document where all of the section breaks force
a new page. Each section has primarily differences in the headers and
footers, but some also have formatting differences (2 column v 1).

Most of the time, I want the new page, but for a few cases, I would
like the sections to continue on the same page if there is space.

I don't see any way to "edit" the section break.

Is there another way to accomplish this?

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000