Charles Kenyon

If you display anchors for graphics it makes it a little easier. You can
drag and drop the anchor where you want your graphic to reside (even if it
shows up elsewhere on the page).
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Bill Watkins" wrote in message
I've had a little more luck getting the WordArt pastes into the IF field,
but I'm having trouble getting reliable behaivior from the field if the
WordArt object is "floating". It seems like once the IF field inserts the
object as floating, it can't be removed by a later update of the field.
The
floating object remains even if I delete the entire field, and can only be
deleted by direct deletion of the object. (It's made more confusing,
because there's no apparent indication that the object is "in" the
fieldcode.)

The behavior seems reliable if I insert the object as an in-line
"Picture",
but in this case, you lose the object positioning information and have to
mess around with paragraph positioning (of the field itself).

Inserting from Autotext also worked, but in this case, it looks like you
have to contend with template storage.

"Bill Watkins" wrote in message
Graham, thanks for the tip --

I had tried to find a way to "grab" the WordArt object and paste it into

the
IF "action" field before I posted the question, but couldn't figure a way

do it (I couldn't seem to find a link field or anything similar

"underneath"
it that actually stored the object). Can you suggest how to copy it?

Thanks,
Bill

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You can use the Word Art (in Word 2002/3) in the conditional field just

as
if it were text,
or save the required artwork as an autotext entry and use the

conditional
field to insert an autotext field to call the graphic.
eg
{IF {Mergefield fieldname} = condition "Put your Word Art here"}
or
{IF {Mergefield fieldname} = condition "{Autotext "name"}"}

You will have to build the condition by hand using CTRL+F9 for the
field
delimiters.

Bill Watkins wrote:
Is there a way using the IF field to conditionally include a WordArt
object?

Thanks.