Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default Desktop bar

Try using Windows Explorer to search for MSOffice.exe and double-click it.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Peter" wrote in message
I don't have that option in my XP Word 2002: (Start All Programs
Microsoft Office XP Tools Microsoft Office
Shortcut Bar)

I have Microsoft Office Tools but not MS Off Shortcut Bar.

I do have an old version of Office97.

What do I have to do?

Thank you

"Shauna Kelly" escreveu na
mensagem ...
Hi Peter

Try Start All Programs Microsoft Office XP Tools Microsoft Office
Shortcut Bar, or something like that depending on how your system is set
up.

However, don't get too attached to the shortcut bar - it was removed in
Office 2003, although it is still possible to install it on a machine
running Office 2003 or Office 2007, but only if you have an old copy of
Office XP lying around.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Peter" wrote in message
In Word 95 and Word 97 I had a bar on the desktop from where I opened
Word and new and old files. Now I have Word2002 but can't find that
option.

Does it exist?

Thank you