Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nnetfabio nnetfabio is offline

Default Mail merge by data categories

Hi I'm trying to implement the following mail merge
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294686/en-us

I followed the instructon perfectly but it doesn't work. The result should be:
Atlanta

Galos $3,000
Delaney $50,000
Henningsen $10,000

Houston

Johnson $8,000
Kelly $9,000
Pak $0

But in my case I obtain

Atlanta

Galos $3,000

Atlanta

Delaney $50,000

.... etc

so the grouping mechanism doesnt' work. It seem that the MERGESEQ didn't
work and also the carriage return (ENTER key). I'm using excel and word 2007

This is the script. Field braces are inserted pressing CTRL+F9 and the
carriage return is done by press the ENTER key.

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = "1" "{ MERGEFIELD CITY }¶
" "" }{ SET Place1 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶
{ If { Place2 } { Place1 }"¶
{ MERGEFIELD CITY }¶

{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } { MERGEFIELD SALES }" "{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } {
MERGEFIELD SALES }" }{ SET Place2 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶