Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Newmarch David Newmarch is offline

Default Wildcard to Find and Replace with fields?

In Word 2007 I'm editing a paper which contains EndNote citation fields, and
in the course of switching the paper to a different bibliographic style I
need to find and replace any space that occurs before a citation. Each
citation exists in the document as a field in Word.

With field codes toggled on, when I do a simple Find for ^d Word finds each
field with no trouble, but when I switch on "Use wildcards" and try the
syntax
Find: ( )(^d) - and I have also tried ( )([^d])
I get an error message saying that ^d is not supported when the Wildcards
check box is selected.

Can anyone help me with Find and replace syntax that will work for this task?