Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default directory document

My search of the archives has not given me the answer to this.

I am mail-merging Excel data into a Word 'directory' document (using the
2003 versions), which consists of text and a table. I want the table to
expand based upon how many records are related to a name in a field of the
spreadsheet. For example, the Word documents are being addressed to Tom who
has four records and Sally who has six in the spreadsheet. The data merge
fine, meaning I get unique records, if I first create a table of set size.
If my table is five rows long, I get one of Sally's records with Tom's four.
And I can't get all of Sally's six in. So, I need helping in 1) being able
to size the table and 2) creating a new document with each name. Imagine
that I have 10 names and anywhere from two to 12 records associated with each
name.

Any ideas?

thanks.
Bruce