Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How to do a find and replace on part of a document?

The following macro will remove the index fields from the section the cursor
is in

ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\section").Range.Select
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = "^d INDEX"
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindStop
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
End With
Selection.Find.Execute replace:=wdReplaceAll

Thomas FG Gilbert wrote:
I am trying to remove index fields on part of a document. I don't
want all the sections to be indexed and because when I was indexing
and hit "mark all" it indexed sections that I did not want coded for
indexing. So I need it to stop at the end of a section when I repace
all.