Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 Format Painter doesn't work when d-clicked

Instead of using the Format Painter, I recommend using the shortcuts for
Copy Format (Ctrl+Shift+C) and Paste Format (Ctrl+Shift+V). The advantage to
these shortcuts is that a copied format remains on the format Clipboard
indefinitely (till you copy another one) and can be pasted whenever/wherever
you like, even after performing other operations.

"Roberta" wrote in message
The format painter works with a single click, however when double-clicked
it
works once then I have to go back and click it from the tool bar. Is this
bug in 2007? Not every PC here with Word 2007 is doing this. We are on
Windows XP Pro.