You can change the sorting order in any Explorer window (including the Word
File Open and Save dialogs) by clicking on the appropriate column heading.
You can sort by Modified date, ascending or descending.

"Animal lover" Animal wrote in message
I just bought a new computer. My old floppys (with old documents) for

backup,
were downloaded to a disc and then downloaded to my documents (new

computer).
They were automatically saved alphabetically. I need to save them by

original
creation date (there are approx. 400 files). I have a Dell computer with
Microsoft Word 2002/Windows XP. I am not computer savvy so if someone can
help me, please put it in laymans terms. Thank you.