Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word mail merge SHOULD revert to previous version!!

Do you mean the version of Mailmerge that was introduced in Word 2002?
It can be used much as before - see

miller2pa wrote:
I am very computer literate and not opposed to change, but I feel
this mail merge is not user friendly. The prior version was as I
taught many people how to use it and they could remember how to use
it. This version is more difficult for people who are not computer
savvy to understand and use.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds