Margaret Aldis

Hi Graham - I think you'd need to leave the page number part of this coming
from the {PAGE} field as restarted via page format - otherwise the OP's
table of contents page numbers are going to be wrong.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You could use a formula field to deduct the number of blank pages from the
count eg

{ IF { Page } 2 "{ ={ Page }-2 } of { = { Numpages } -2 }" }

So this would start numbering from page 3 with 2 deducted from the count.

funnybroad wrote:
Here's what I'm trying to do:

Document has 10 total pages:

1 title page
1 table of contents page
6 pages in portrait with text.
3 pages in landscape with pictures and text.

I want to have a footer with the following information:

Page n of nn where n= number of pages that are NOT the title page or
the table of contents page.

To prevent Word from calculating the total number of pages in the
document,
I do a Section Break / Next page after the Table of Contents page.
Then, in the footer, I use the "section pages" field for the total
number of pages.

This works UNTIL I change the last 3 pages to landscape mode
(positioning my cursor on the 6th page, and doing page setup, setting
it to landscape mode "from this point forward") The problem is,
changing to landscape mode from this point forward forces a new
section (3).

So therefore, my footer only displays the number of pages by section.

Any ideas on how I can either:

1) Exclude the first two pages from being counted in the number of
total pages OR
2) Prevent a change in page orientation from forcing a section break
OR
3) Count the number of pages for the sections 2 & 3, and inserting
that as a field in the footer for sections 2 & 3?