Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Default Funny symbol appears when I cut from internet and paste into Word

The symbols you are seeing represent items such as JavaScript code
that don't display in a printed document. I don't know of a way to
delete them all in one step. However, rather than pasting from the web
site, you can paste as "Unformatted text", via Edit | Paste Special;
that way, the items won't be pasted into Word at all.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kscott93" wrote in message
Hello,

I am currently working on a table in Word using information that I

have
copied from an internet site. When I go to paste info into my Word

table, a
tiny blue square with a white "L" appears before the text. When I

hover over
it, it says "javascript: void(0); ctrl + click to follow link." (Of

course
all the links are dead.) These symbols are all in the same column.

I really
want to delete these symbols, so that I can have a text only table,

but they
won't budge. My question is this: how can I delete all of these

symbols at
once? I have dozens of them, and it would be so much easier if I

could
delete them all at once. Also I'm using Windows 2000 Professional.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.