Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gtracy gtracy is offline

Default file permission error while saving to hard drive

I am havingth esame problem - thius is when saving back to hard drive, not ot
a flash or other external drives. In my case it is only one file so far, but
one I use constantly. I have a shortcut on my desktop tot he file so I
wonder if this could be part of the problem. Word gies me the option to
correct erros in the file buf finds no errors.

"hanmeng" wrote:

I get the "Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error"
while opening from the hard drive and saving back to it. I've recently
started using Word in Office 2007; previously I was using the Office 2000
version where I never saw this message. As far as I know, I haven't been
doing anything different.