Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Word 2007 - Can't Unlink Header

Do you actually have section breaks? Do the section numbers on the status
bar change?

"Victoria@DIG" wrote in message
Stefan:

Thanks for the notes below. However, my problem is that although I am
turning off "Linked to Previous" they are staying linked. When I make
changes to either sections headers it changes it for the entire document.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that each section can have up to three different headers (and
footers),
which happens if "Different odd and even" and "Different first page" are
both checked in the Page Setup dialog box. Each type of header (footer)
must
be unlinked separately from its neighbor in the preceding section.

Also note that while "Different odd and even" is a setting for the
document,
"Different first page" can be checked or cleared individually for each
section, which might contribute further to any confusion.

For more on headers and footers in Word, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Victoria@DIG" wrote in message
I have a document with five pages. At the end of page two is a
next-page
section break.

At the top of page one I inserted a header. Then I went to page three
(the
first page of section two). I opened the header, clicked on "Link to
Previous" and the "Same as Previous" went away. (as expected)

Next, I deleted the text in the header on page three and changed it. I
close the header. Expected results: Pages one and two have Header A
and
Pages three through five should have Header B. Actual results: The
same
header through out.

I even tried going back and changing the header in section one back to
what
it was supposed to be and it then changes through out.

Any suggestions?