Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Samuel Samuel is offline

Default Open macro-enabled template as new Document in Browser

No hyperlinks work if you link to a file with the http:// protocol.
The file protocol opens the template itselfs.
Maybe the data protocol will help?

I am very thankful for a solution.

Thanks,
Sam

On Apr 24, 11:18*am, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
What you are seeing is the way hyperlinks work. I don't think there is a way
around it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Samuel" wrote in message

Hi everybody

I'm trying to link a macro-template on a share (ex. X:\Dot1.dotm).

If I click the link in the browser(file://X:\Dot1.dotm) it opens not a
new document, but the template itself.

Is it possible to open it as a new document, like you double-click it
on the filesystem and a new document gets open?

Thanks very much for help.
Samuel.