WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: CAPITAL LETTERS SEEM TO BE STUCK ON

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with capital letters getting stuck on in Microsoft Word. This can be frustrating, but luckily there's an easy fix.

First, try pressing the Caps Lock key on your keyboard. This key toggles the capitalization feature on and off, so if it's currently on, pressing it should turn it off and allow you to type in lowercase letters again.

If that doesn't work, you can try holding down the Shift key and typing a letter. This should produce a lowercase letter even if Caps Lock is on. If it does, then the issue is likely with your keyboard and not with Word.

If neither of those solutions work, you can check the settings in Word to make sure that the capitalization feature is turned off. Here's how:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the screen.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. In the Word Options window, click on "Proofing" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Click on the "AutoCorrect Options" button.
  5. In the AutoCorrect window, click on the "AutoCorrect" tab.
  6. Look for the "Correct accidental usage of Caps Lock key" option and make sure it is checked.
  7. Click "OK" to save your changes.

This should prevent capital letters from getting stuck on in the future.