Robert M. Franz

Hi Top Spin

Top Spin wrote:
I was able to link individual objects in a Visio document to a Word
document. If I edit the images in Visio, the changes are propagated
over to Word. But I was surprised that when I did a Save As... of the
Visio document with a different name, the Word link went to the new
Visio document with the new name. It did not stay with the original
Visio document.

As long as you insert the Visio objects via Insert | Object, the linking
will not work reliably (or, at least, didn't work so in earlier days; I
have yet to try it out in detail in Office 11; what did you say was your
version of Word ...?).

But when you prepare a long document, you can usually live without
beeing able to (in Word) double-click into the graph and start editing
the content in the host application (Visio in your case). Rather, try
bringing the content over to Word in another form. Export it from Visio,
or use Copy and then Edit | Paste Special; EMF would be my starting
point, I'm not sure what Word will offer to you comming from Visio.

Greetings
Robert
PS: Crossposting: I'm not sure what made you think web.authoring was a
good group, unless your ultimate goal of the document was to convert to
HTML maybe?
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP