Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
j lunis j lunis is offline

Default fields and underlines

Jay Freedman wrote:
j lunis wrote:
I have spent a lot of the morning researching and playing with a form
and can't find the answer.
I want to have a line similar to
NAME: __________________________________________
with the underline at a fixed length when printed.
On the underline I want a field that can be of varying length (but not
longer than the underline.
I can get the fixed length underline and I can get the filed but I can
find no way to get both.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm

Very good. Thanks to you and macropod. One hurdle. The instructions
state "the width can be adjusted by dragging the paragraph's left and/or
right indent markers." Using my example above, moving the indent marker
results in the whole line moving, thus
the 'name' text moves along with the indent. What am I missing?