Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default How do I add numbered titles above a Word 2007 table?

How do you insert the captions?

If you click in a table before you open the Caption dialog box (References
tab Captions group Insert Caption), the Position field in the dialog box
lets you determine whether you want to insert the caption above or below the
table. However, you can click in any empty paragraph before you open the
Caption dialog box and the caption will be inserted in that position €“ the
Position field in the dialog box is disabled in that situation.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Ted D." wrote:

Captions appear below tables. I want the same (one line, numbered) to reside
above the table.