Posted to microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_12_] John[_12_] is offline

Default Reading Office 2007 format in Office 2003

Jay Freedman wrote:
Go to Office button Word Options Advanced and scroll down to the
"Show document content" group. Make sure the "Show drawings and text
boxes" option is checked and the "Show picture placeholders" option is
not checked. That should make the picture (which is what a scanned
image is) visible in the other views.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

I don't see an Office button. When I click on the document, Word opens
directly. Is there supposed to be an Office GUI which shows options for
all the installed Office apps?

In Word, I find Tools-Options-View
"Show picture placeholders" is unchecked.
There is no checkbox under "show" for "show drawings and text boxes".
Under "print and web layout options" I checked "drawings" and "text
boundaries". Now I can see the content when "View" is set to "web
layout", "print layout", or "reading layout", but when "View" is set to
"Normal" the content is still not visible.

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.