Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Margins and orientation

If this is affecting all documents, see the article "Why is my "Blank
Document" not blank?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Recycler29" wrote in message
I have used WORD for years and have never experienced this: I went into
page
setup and wanted to change the orientation and margins because they were
set
by mistake as default to be to small. Every time i try to make right and
left
margins to be 1inch, I get an error message that says "Increasing right
margin causes last column to become too narrow in some sections having
unevenly spaced columns".
You have the option to click OK and that's it and then it goes right back
the page setup screen with the old margins and it will not change
anything.
Not even the page orientation. The error message just keeps popping up.
Does
anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? I tried doing a fix
and
repair under the Help menu and it didn't help. I'm stumped. Thanks for any
help!