Birgit

Default Nested IncludePicture troubles in header table

Hi all!
I have a template where many different logos (.jpgs) are being inserted into
the header of the document. I have the following nested fields in a table in
the header:

{If {DocProperty "Logo1"} = " " "" {IncludePicture {DocProperty "Logo1"}}}

Clear text: if the document property of Logo1 contains only a space do
nothing, otherwise insert the picture with path and name as found in
document property Logo1.

document property Logo1 may contain text as C:\\huisstijl\\testlogo.jpg

On my test PC I run Win XP with Office 2003 SP1. In Office 97 all of this
has worked very well.

It works fine in the body of the template. It does nothing in the header
(also does not work if I remove the table). There are no troubles if I
directly insert the text that is contained in the document property like
this: {If {DocProperty "Logo1"} = " " "" {IncludePicture
C:\\huisstijl\\testlogo.jpg}}. To me this is strange behaviour.

I swap displaying the logo (e-mail) with not displaying the logo (print on
logo paper). So it has always seemed sensible to use this construction with
document properties.

Has something changed fundamentally from Office 97? Does anyone have a
better idea than muking around with bookmarks en recreating the
includePicture field with VBA each time a user decides to display/not
display the bookmark?

Any help and hints are appreciated.
Birgit