Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default mail merge data into multiple documents

Depending upon the degree to which the letters are different, you could do
this by having another field in the spreadsheet that included the filename
of a file that contained the relevant text for each of the letters and then
use an IncludeText field in the mailmerge main document to pull in the
relevant text in a similar way to the insertion of graphics into a mail
merge.

See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges" section of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve-cmfi group" Steve-cmfi wrote in
message ...
I have one excel file. I will include a cell in the excel file as a flag
for
match to a specific word document. I have different word documents
(letters)-up to 6 word documents. I wish to sort the excel database
through
my mailing software(BCC) export a finished database to be mail merged into
6
different letters. John Doe-flag 1-to letter number1. Mary Doe-flag 2 to
letter number 2. Bart Jones-flag 3-to letter number 3. Karen
Smith-flag
1 to letter number 1. Bob Hines-flag 6 to letter number 6. Etc. until
the
entire database is merged. I would appreciate any help that I can get.
Have
a great day.

Steve, DM Div cmfi group, Inc.