Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] KB9REU@gmail.com is offline

Default Mail merge with Word 2003 and SQL 2005 on a date and time field.

Thanks Peter.

I went with your method to return the date but instead of 112, I used
10. I made a view on the SQL server and then had to make some new
Office Data Sources in Word 2003 to connect to it, but that works
perfectly. And I did some SQL profiling and had the server throw in
an index on the table for me as well. So although the user has to
type the date differently now, the tuning adviser said 89% improvement
in speed so they're happier overall with the new solution.

Thanks again,

Alan