Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "Find" does not work--sometimes

Make sure it wasn't searching just selected text or from the current
location to the end (though in both cases, Word will usually ask if you want
to search the rest of the document). If it has really searched the entire
document, make sure that you don't have any specific style or other
formatting applied to the "Find what" text and that you don't have any of
the boxes such as "Match case" checked.

"Jauchart" wrote in message
Sometimes when I try to do a "find" in my Word document (CTRL-F), I get

back
"Word has finished searching the document. The search item was not found."
This is true even for words I know are there, that I am looking at on the
screen. When this happens, it does so for whichever Word document I open.
But then the next day, it works fine, then another day not at all.
What's going on?
I'm running MSWord 2002 on WXP 2005 Media edition.
Thanks