Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Increment numbers on random/non-consecutive pages

You can use the following field:

{ = { SECTION } + 49 }

Of if you want to do it with page numbering, use:

{ = { PAGE } + 49 }

Using the PAGE field would be better; that way, you can reduce the
number of section breaks.

Note: To insert each pair of field delimiters, {}, use Ctrl+F9. Press
F9 to update the display. If necessary, use Alt+F9 to toggle between
showing field codes and field results.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stephen" wrote in message
How can I insert custom incrementing numbers for each new section in

document? I used HDR/FTR with { SECTION \* MERGEFORMAT } which

numbered my
sections 1, 2, ...10 but I wanted to start at 50, 51 ...60.

Is there any other way of getting this done. I couldn't figure it

with Page
numbering that's why I tried Section Numbering which worked except

for the
fact that I don't want to start counting at 1.

Thanks